Linguistics PhD: Requirements
The Linguistics PhD consists mostly of seminars, which can be chosen freely from the graduate seminars offered each year. The full requirements are:
- Prerequisite courses (השלמות): decided upon by the PhD advisor based on the student's background
- 6 seminars (8xx/9xx)
- Attendance at Department colloquia (Tuesday 14-16)
- PhD dissertation (899)
- At least one seminar a year should be taken until completion of the degree, unless exempted by the supervisor.
- A grade is required in two seminars; the rest can be PASS.
- Attendance at Department colloquia is obligatory
- All exceptions to the requirements are subject to written approval by the supervisor/coordinator/chair